Alltrap Engineering cc is not liable for any labour, shipping, or other installation costs, and shall not be liable for any special, indirect, punitive, consequential or other damages in connection with such separator including, without limitation, costs, expenses, or liabilities associated with environmental contamination, fines or penalties, fires, explosions, or any other consequences allegedly attributable to a breach of the warranty or damages under deceptive trade practices or similar consumer protection acts.
The foregoing constitutes Alltrap Engineering cc exclusive obligation and Alltrap Engineering cc makes no express or implied representation or warranty, or any warranty of non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for any particular purposes whatsoever. No employee of Alltrap Engineering cc or any other party is authorized to make any other representations or warranties other than the warranty set forth herein.
This warranty is provided by Alltrap Engineering cc for products sold in South Africa.
Alltrap Engineering cc warrants that all locally manufactured oil and grease separators from Alltrap will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year following the date of initial delivery to the purchaser, subject to the terms and conditions below.
Alltrap Engineering cc further warrants that if the oil and grease separators are installed, operated, and maintained in accordance with Alltrap Engineering’s instructions and applicable provincial and local regulatory requirements, the oil and grease separators:
Grade 304 S/Steel
- Will not leak for a period of 5 years from date of initial delivery due to natural external corrosion.
- Will not leak for a period of 5 year from date of initial delivery due to internal corrosion.
- Will not leak for a period of 5 years from date of original delivery due to structural failure, which shall be defined as spontaneous breaking or collapse.
Grade 430 S/Steel
- Will not leak for a period of 3 years from date of initial delivery due to natural external corrosion.
- Will not leak for a period of 3 years from date of initial delivery due to internal corrosion.
- Will not leak for a period of 3 years from date of original delivery due to structural failure, which shall be defined as spontaneous breaking or collapse.
All of the warranties herein are subject to the following conditions:
- The separator is used in the manner described in the warranty.
- There are no post-installations or repairs of the original separator.
- The original installation was performed following the manufacturers installation procedures by a trained contractor with all his/her required registrations, certificates and/or licenses, to complete the installation, repair or alteration in accordance with recognized industry practices and applicable regulatory requirements.
- The separator has been operated and maintained in accordance with regulatory requirements designed to minimize the possibility of structural failures and releases of regulated substances.
- If the separator is remanufactured, moved, or removed from the ground for any reason prior to the expiration of this warranty, the structural warranty protections will terminated unless the separator is inspected, repaired (as necessary), and re-certified by Alltrap Engineering cc and, upon reinstallation, the purchaser continues to satisfy the other conditions of the warranty.
- The sole warranty for accessories, including but not limited to frames and covers, extension collars, alarms, pumps, valves, coalescers, pipes, strainers, etc. is that they
are warranted for a period of one (1) year against defects in materials and workmanship from date of shipment.
- Customer assumes the risk of and agrees to indemnify Alltrap Engineering cc against and hold Alltrap Engineering cc harmless from all liability relating to (i) assessing the suitability for Customer’s intended use of the separator and of any system design or drawing and (ii) determining the compliance of Customer’s use of the separator with applicable laws, regulations, codes and standards. For separators resold by Customer, Customer retains and accepts full responsibility for all warranty and other claims relating to, or arising from, Customer’s separation system which includes or incorporate Alltrap’s separator or components thereof manufactured or supplied by Alltrap Engineering, and Customer is solely responsible for any and all representations and warranties regarding the separation system made or authorized by Customer. Customer will indemnify Alltrap Engineering cc and hold Alltrap Engineering cc harmless from any liability, claims, loss, cost or expenses (including reasonable legal fees) attributable to Customer’s separation system or representations or warranties concerning same.